Monday, March 28, 2005

good word

A prof got me thinking about this today:

In John 20:21 Jesus says, "As my Father has sent me, I am sending you."

So, the question is how far is it from heaven to Bethlehem, Earth? How far was Jesus sent? This, then, moves me to wonder how it is that the church can keep building fortresses and inviting people in. If that is how Christ practiced ministry, he would have simply continued to shout to us from heaven; things would have been left at the law. He was sent, though, and he came.

Then I should go too, right? What does that mean for a church that's institutional? How does it learn to go again? How does it learn to become relevant again ... or better yet ... how does it become incarnate to the world?

I think I'll leave it at that for now - just a lot of questions.

No comments: