Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Out of Touch

I am at the office of the new job in Laguna Niguel. The internet at the house doesn't start to pick up until the 10th of the month; so, we've been way out of touch.

The new ministry here is sweet, though. It's a smaller church than I'm used to, but I like it. It's nice to feel like you have a voice. The head pastor is a great guy with a great vision, and I will enjoy working with him. The downsize is there are a lot of informal systems that I have to learn. Things just seem to work like you would expect them to in a smaller organization. I like it; it's just hard to get a handle on.

Other than that, life is good.

Just a point of interest ... when we moved from our address in Pasadena to our address in Dana Point ... our car insurance dropped by a third even though Krista will drive more! According to the guy I talked to it's because both living and driving down here is much safer. Interesting.

6 comments:

rise up said...

I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the new job. Car insurance drops, not a bad deal. I am looking at buying a used car before school starts up in September. Yay for smaller churches.

Cory PiƱa said...

Yay for B-Rich, winner of the Most Random Comments Award.

Kerry said...

Congrats on the new call and too bad it wasn't to Vegas. I will keep you in my prayers. Also, a cut in insurance is always a great thing!!

Anonymous said...

Bro, are you still going to Fuller in the fall? I teach first graders how to do simplt things now...jc

Crotty said...

John ... you mean like how to spell simple? :)

Anonymous said...

fair enouf